Hurricane Season Begins Quietly But Unnusually Active Season Predicted:
“Because we are predicting an above-average hurricane season in 2011, the probability of U.S. and Caribbean major hurricane landfall is estimated to be above the long-period average. This forecast is based on an extended-range early December statistical prediction scheme that utilizes 58 years of past data,” the CSU report said.
Weather Services International, part of the Weather Channel, had virtually the same hurricane forecast as CSU, calling for 17 named storms, nine hurricanes and five strengthening to the “major” category of three or greater.
"With the crazy weather we have had all over the United States I'm really NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ALL!"
13 comments:
Me either and I am not close to the coast. I am just so tired of hearing about all the loss and devastation. It breaks my heart.
The loss and devastation is so heartbreaking.
God bless you and yours today. Stay cool.
Better come to UT for the season. We'll take good care of ya~
I am not a bit surprised...this year has been weather from hell! Just another thing we all have to worry about! Hope the Ga. coast is spared!
It has been seriously crazy.
I don't know how much more that this poor ole world can handle.
You know, I heard this on the news this morning and I thought, "Holy Moly we just got done with all those tornadoes and now hurricanes?".
I hope it is not as bad as they predict!
We lived in Charlotte NC during Hurricane Hugo--not fun at all. Be prepared. And stay safe.
For some reason, DC seems to have a protective bubble over it. I hope that holds true for the upcoming season. You be careful down there!
Sounds like you may need to move to UT. Just sayin'.
It has all been beyond crazy. I shouldn't complain about our cool temps, wind and rain.....as many other places are experiencing far worse, devastating conditions.
I long for normal ....as it should be....weather conditions.
I'm hoping it's not as bad as they say, but thinking it will be. AZ is toasty warm and dry. Maybe you should come here if you don't go see Melissa in UT.
Seriously! I think you should take a vacation during huricane season Gigi! Come on out to Vegas. Nothing here but H.O.T!
you can come to eastern washington where you'll get some divine rain storms & thunder & lightning, even a some wind - but no full-blown hurricane!
Post a Comment