Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I saw these on Pioneer Woman's site a few years ago and have always wanted to try them. I thought that it was a time consuming project and always put it off until another time. I couldn't think of anything I wanted to take to Amy's baby shower last weekend. It dawned on me that I had every thing to make these and so I did! They were easy and really didn't take that long to put together.
You must go and see P. W.'s tutorial it's really a good one.
They were a little different but good.
Hey, you can wrap bacon around anything and it taste good, right?



Holiday Bacon Appetizers

Ingredients
1 package Club Crackers
1 pound Thin Sliced Bacon (or More Depending On Number Of Crackers)
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Optional Alternative: Brown Sugar Instead Of Parmesan Cheese

Preparation Instructions
Lay crackers (as many as you want) face up on a cookie sheet.
Scoop about 1 teaspoon of grated Parmesan cheese onto each cracker. Cut your package of bacon in half (or cut pieces individually) and carefully, so the cheese doesn’t fall off, wrap each cheese covered cracker in one half piece of bacon, completely covering the cracker. It should fit snugly around the cracker.
Place the bacon wrapped crackers onto a baking sheet that has a rack on it.
Place in a 250-degree oven for about 2 hours.
Pioneer Woman's recipe.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bacon - these sound good!

Kristina P. said...

I've always wanted to try these. They look delicious!

Camille said...

You can't go wrong with Pioneer Woman OR bacon! :)

Connie said...

Is Pioneer Woman the guru of everything good to eat? I've seen a recipe of hers on the past several blogs I've read. These do look good. Who would have thought of wrapping bacon around a cracker! Ingenious!

Dawn in D.C. said...

I remember seeing those on her blog back then! I'm glad you like them.

My BFF Jenny (Craig) says I have to wait a little before I can have bacon covered treats like that. hehehe

Mikki said...

Oh yeah! Just wrap bacon around it, and it's a sure-fire winner in my book!

Emma said...

Bacon yummy!!!!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Everything you post always sounds good and who doesn't love bacon?