Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tasty Tuesday

HOPE YOU DO YOUR PART!
So glad I voted early!


I LOVE BROCCOLI!
So when I saw this recipe for
Broccoli soup on Mrs G. of
Derfwad Manor blog. I had to give it a try.
She hosted Nora of Whooping Cornbread
and as part of her 'Slow Cook Thursday'
post. Nora had this recipe for
Broccoli soup as part of her post.

I LOVE BROCCOLI!
Any where, any way, any how!
Cooked or Raw!
I have also discovered Roasted Broccoli !
Thanks Katherine, It's amazing!

So back to the soup, when I saw
how easy it was, I decide I needed
to make it. I love broccoli soup
but have never had the nerve to make it.
This was oh, so, easy!
Give it a try sometime.

I sprinkled Cheddar cheese on mine, m m good.


Broccoli Soup
Saute in soup pot: 2 T oil
1 onion, chopped,
(I used a good ole Vidalia onion)
Add: 5 cups chopped broccoli
2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
(I used 3 cups of Chicken Stock)
1 tsp salt
White pepper to taste
1 tsp dried basil
Bring to boil, then cook over medium
heat until broccoli is tender (10 minutes or so).

Put the whole shebang in the blender.
Blend. Stir some whole milk,
A half cup or so.
(I used a half cup of heavy
whipping cream and a half cup of skim milk)

Rewarm soup if necessary.
Sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
Enjoy.
Don't forget to sign up for the
Pecan giveaway in the post below
this one, good luck!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks yummy. I love that kind of soup. I will have to give it a try. You need to buy an immersion blender so you don't even take it out of the pot.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

The soup does look warm and yummy. Just goes to show you never know where you're going to pick up a keeper for a recipe. I'm glad you like being a Derf ;-)

Aramie Judd Christopherson said...

I've never heard of an immersion blender. I'm intrigued...
I love broccoli cheese soup. When I was pregnant with Kacey I developed a serious aversion to broccoli even though I had always loved it before. It took me a couple years, but I like it once again.
Thanks for going to Marti's blog and leaving a comment. Her 3-yr. old daughter had cancer, and when they learned that her cancer was gone (after chemo) they found out she was pregnant with twins! They are a few months old now. One of her best friends was one of Sarah Randall's mission companions That's how we became friends.

Anonymous said...

Next time we're there, remember to make some, I to am a broccoli eater.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish our first born a Happy Birthday. Hope you have a nice one.

Love you,
Papa

Sandman said...

It looks nice!

Elizabeth said...

I noticed it was your birthday I hope you have a great day!! And I sent Christon and invite. I was just thinking the other day that I hand't invited her.

kathy said...

Happy Birthday, Gigi!
Now let's just hope there is good news this evening after the election!
I hope this is your bestest birthday ever!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

What a bright and tasty looking soup!

Leah said...

I love broccoli soup. However I really need your broccoli casserole and your bluberry roll recipes again so that Thanksgiving dinner won't suck.

jennifer rogers said...

happy Birthday Gigi!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Great soup! I love using my immersion blender.

Anonymous said...

And a Happy Birthdy to YOU!
Daddy's First Little PRINCESS!
Hope YOU had a Wonderful Birthday Day, TODAY.
Hugs n' Love & Prayers Always,
mama

WE must Gird up our Loins, for Uncle Sam will indeed Need All the men and women of integrity, valor and strength he can muter to keep Our Nation FREE...