Monday, August 17, 2009

Captain's having a baby boy!

She has done her nursery with a beach theme.
So we had her cake made with the same.
Isn't it to cute?
Same lady that has made the last
5 cakes we've bought did this one too!
It not only looks cute it tasted Divine.
That sand with the shells in it is brown sugar.
So clever.
I was trying to be a little creative.

I stood on the chair beside her.
I think she thought I was nuts.
Again I was trying to be creative.
I kind of like this angle.

Her name's not really Captain, it's Kathryn.

When Shelby was just leaning to talk
she called her Captain instead of Katheryn.
She really liked being called Captain so it stuck.
We all call her that now.


She got some really cute and
useful stuff for baby Collin.

Blue is for boys.

Every new mommy needs a monitor.

How do you like the way I cut
the top off her head off?
I guess I was trying to focus on the
burp cloth I made her.
I was excited because it's the first time
I had sewn on a letter on one that I've made.

This is the first time I've ever
made a fleece tied blankie.

I sewed a matching letter "C" on it too.
I thought it turned out pretty good
for the first one I've ever made.
She was excited and she loved it.

I liked it so well I made another
one with a letter C.
This one had an octopus on it and there were
several more with sea creatures on them.

But she really got excited about this one
and the next one. Not only did it have the
babies initials monogrammed on it but
it has the Georgia Bulldog's ribbon
and colors. She is crazy for football
and her favorite college team is the
University of Georgia's Bulldogs.

I think she loved them!


Kathryn and Christon have been friends since high school. She is a Cardiac Care Nurse at our local hospital.
Her husband Perry works for the sweetheart at Griffis Steel.
They were both in Harrison and Christon's wedding.
They are special to our family.
They are going to make great parents.

17 comments:

Dawn in D.C. said...

I love all the goodies you sewed for her! I'm a novice, too, but sure do love to make thigns for other people. Of course, no baby showers going on around here. dammit. Great pictures of the Mommy to be. Oh, and glad you got to have cake. hehehe

Connie said...

Baby showers are so fun and exciting, especially when the gifts are so dang cute! You did a good job with the appliques!
And I liked your "creative" pictures! Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

You are so multi-talented, everything look beautiful for a fun good time.
Love,
papa

The Griffis 4 said...

SHe loved everything you did for her!!! THanks so much!! I love ya!!She is my bestest friend ever!!!

Zaroga said...

What great goodies she and the baby got. Nothing wrong with the head cut off a bit :-)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

More great photos Gigi! The burp cloths and blankie came out darling. You are such a sweetie!

Jan said...

Congrats. Looks so fun. I love baby showers.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful mom to be! I love the hand-made gifts you made baby. You are certainly talented and creative.

Devri said...

loved your stuff! what a fun time for her!

hugs to you

SusanD said...

Those are some great gifts. I especially like the tied fleece blanket. I helped the grand-boy make one for his mommy for this past Christmas. She loves it. Blessings, SusanD

Kristina P. said...

I am throwing an adoption shower for my friend next month, and this is making me excited! I'm going with a rock star theme. :)

CB said...

How fun! Love the cake, it is so cute!!

She is just glowing - I love all the pictures and it looks like she got some nice stuff to start out with too!

Jen Sue Wild said...

Wow I love the applique job you did..

Mikki said...

I think it's a great shot too, and I love the angle.
Looks like she adored your gifts, great job on them by the way!! You are indeed, very creative!!!
Looks like we kind of crossed blogs today, I was on mine moments before you commented. So close, and yet so far away here in cyberspace!!!

Barry said...

After getting such cool stuff, no wonder the Captain looks so happy

I hope Tennille is happy too? lol

Anonymous said...

Love love love it all! I hated not being there to see her reaction from those GEORGIA burpclothes! You are truely an amazing woman! Love you! TDIL

Sarah Lulu said...

Gorgeous photos ...and of course we are SOOOOOOOO blessed to have your wonderful burp clothes here in Australia! xx