Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Shoot Out

Friday Shoot Out
This weeks theme: Skylines
Chosen by Kate
Skyline:
S: (n) skyline (the outline of objects seen against the sky)
S: (n) horizon, apparent horizon, visible horizon, sensible horizon, skyline (the line at which the sky and Earth appear to meet)

I wouldn't call this much of a skyline but it's all I got from my photo archives.

These were taken through the truck window going 50 miles an hour.

I still think that they are pretty pictures and shows what a beautiful drive it is over the causeway from Brunswick to St. Simons Island.




For other Friday Shoot Out Gang Members click here.

26 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I suppose you know that we drive on the "Wrong" side of the road. LOL

Jama said...

We drive on the wrong side of the road too! lol
Love the empty vacant lands around, so serene and peaceful.

Sarah Lulu said...

GORGEOUS!! And I love the way that road seemed to float right off into the sky.

Bagman and Butler said...

Shooting at 50 miles per hour is an art. Thank goodness for autofocus so you can at least keep one hand on the wheel.

Carla said...

Skylines in the southern USA = Flat lands and marsh. The highest point in the coastal areas are the bridges. These are great shots. Sister Carla

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh these are just beautiful..what a stunning area! I do love the water. GREAT shots from the car!!!
Sarah

~JarieLyn~ said...

I really like the shots from the car and the second to last photo is really pretty. If that's a hotel, it sure is pretty and it has a fabulous view

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful scenery. It's been a long time since I was in your area. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Connie said...

Those are beautiful pictures of the skyline! You have a clean windshield!

NanU said...

Oh, I like the 4th and 5th ones. Well done.

Unknown said...

These skyline pictures are so serene and beautiful. It is so nice to be looking at so much greenery outdoors.
Sarah Lulu was right about floating off into that sky from the freeway. How lovely Kate. Thanks for the suggestion and the post today.

Best Wishes, Barry and Linda

Emma said...

I love road trips!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful area of the state of Georgia.
Don't you have photos of the Great Arch in St.Louis, MO?

Nice shooting,
Love,
Daddy

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Fabulous shots.......as usual!
Do a bad shot just once will ya????

Chef E said...

I am surprised my rear end is not glued to the seat of a car, since I love to travel and my dad always said my middle name was 'Go'...so these photos are wonderful to me! I get excited when I see water, so many reasons for that...love the post! Oh and I have driven on the wrong side of the road in Ireland and England...

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Beautiful photos! Love the water pictures the most.

GingerV said...

this is surprising to me - it looks so much like the causway across the bay to Galveston Island. the same type of estuary - a millon years from now will be slate - the vegetation oil.... good job.

Pauline said...

I like the shot where the road is a runway to the sky, too. You have captured your skylines beautifully.

Merrianne said...

great pictures :)
by the way... :) i think you are so sweet and awesome Gigi!
i am no longer on facebook or any of that. i only am a member of my parents' private family blog and that is all.
i guess i am done with social networking for good, but i still love all my bloggy friends that i have met over the years :) that includes you! ♥

scrappysue said...

gorgeous shots gigi! hope u had a fabby birthday!

Unknown said...

that was fun going up and up! beautiful area.

wendy said...

Neat skyline. I think skyline photos can be pretty awesome.
good job for being out the car window as well

Gordon said...

Very familiar, bringing fond memories. I hate to see that you will not be posting. Stay in touch.

Mary said...

The second and third look like you are going to drive off into the sky.

Carrie said...

I love the blue of the sky against the green of the grass. Pretty!

Scriptor Senex said...

Gosh that's flat! You've done well to get such shots that show how flat it is without being boring.