Thursday, January 7, 2010

75th


Happy 75th Birthday Elvis!


I thought I'd give you a heads up that tomorrow is Elvis birthday, should you need a reason to celebrate this Friday. I really didn't want you to miss out on any fun times.

So hurry and plan ahead.


Great day to have an "Elvis Party"


Go ahead and plan on having these wonderful Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches, yum yum!



Elvis Presley's Grilled Peanut Butter
and Banana Sandwich

•2 slices of white bread
•2 tablespoons of smooth peanut butter
•1 small ripe banana
•2 tablespoons butter
Spread the peanut butter on one slice of bread and the banana on the other. Press the slices gently together. Melt the butter (or to be truly Elvis-like, melt bacon fat!), over low heat in a small frying pan. Place the sandwich in the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realise that I'm only 6 months older that Elvis.

I'd sure like to try one of his sandwiches, they do look yummy!!

Love,
Dad

Camille said...

I still remember on the first day of a history class in college: my history teacher saying, "the most important date in history that you'll ever need to know is January 8, 1935." He was obviously an Elvis fanatic!
And, I must admit, those sandwiches do look tasty! :)

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I knew I needed a better reason to ask for tomorrow off other than being snowed in. you're a life save girlfriend! ;-)

Now, pass me one of them sammiches!

Anonymous said...

That looks yummy! Our local ice cream parlor has a banana & peanut butter ice cream that is heavenly!

That Girl said...

Hmmmmmmmm - I'm always looking for excuses to bite into one of those babies.

Sister Carla said...

eww, can you say cholesterol? Ha, is that how SPELL it?? lol

Sister Carla said...

eww, can you say cholesterol? Ha, is that how SPELL it?? lol

Dawn in D.C. said...

I've made these a couple of time for the kids when they were little. The Skater preferred the Fluffer Nutter sandwiches better. That's peanut butter and marshmellow cream on bread.

Working Mum said...

Loads of Elvis stuff going on the radio over here. Personally, I think he was one of those people who was destined to die young and be remembered as such (like Marylin Monroe and Princess Diana). I don't know if I'd have liked to see a 75 year old Elvis. Would he have worn as well as Sinatra? I think not on those sandwiches!

Sondra said...

I loved Elvis when I was a little girl. When we played house he was always our husband (of course). We'd play his music and dance around with a teddy bear (in place of the real Elvis).. Aaaah the memories. To bad for drugs and tragic deaths... just like the ones we have had lately with Keith Ledger, Michael Jackson, Britteny Murphy... to name a few... So tragic.

The sandwich looks pretty yummy - but I've never ventured to try one. Maybe in remembrance I'll give it a go... Happy Birthday Elvis!