Monday, February 1, 2010

Tasty Tuesday


Magical Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup sugar, or 1 1/3 cup sugar replacement
(recommended: Splenda)
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees . Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup equivalent of the Splenda, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in Splenda to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining Splenda. Cool slightly before removing from pan.

Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love peanut butter and my husband will appreciate these can be made with Splenda. I remember mama always criss-crossed hers with a fork when I was young.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Why do you do this? I can't stand the temptation! It's too much! Move over and pass the milk!

Connie said...

Any time the word "Magic" is in a recipe, I'm all over it! They look delicious!

Camille said...

I wouldn't mind a couple - few - of those right about now... :)

Anonymous said...

Very good cookies. I've used this recipe before. Yum !! Yum!!

~JarieLyn~ said...

Just about any cookie is magical to me. These look very good. I can even smell them when I close my eyes.

CB said...

Yummy!!! I am a BIG PD fab!! These look yummy!!!