Thursday, February 17, 2011

Friday Shoot Out ~ Twisted ~ Thursday Challenge ~ Trees



It's been months since I entered any pictures in the Friday Shoot Out

or the Thursday Challenge.

Thursday Challenge theme this week is "Trees".

To view other Shoot Out Members pictures go here.

And for other Thursday Challenge photo's click here.

I'm trying to get back to normal.

I love these trees wrapped in vines.

They were take on St. Simon's Island, GA.

Happy weekend!

26 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oooohhhhh beautiful!
Did you take that today?

Mikki said...

That is a seriously awesome tree!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. Have a nice weekend Gigi.

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, now that is some serious vines going on there.

Sue McPeak Hunt said...

Great Twisted Shots! Welcome back to FSO!

Connie said...

Fascinating!!
Have a great weekend. Love ya!

Kim, USA said...

Awesome shots!! I love the lighting too. Happy weekend!
Seashell

Anonymous said...

Nice photo, good subject. That growth did not just happen overnight. It has taken eons to make that!!
Love,
papa

~JarieLyn~ said...

Wow, those are some gnarly trees, all twisted and contorted. Great shots. Love them.

NanU said...

Cool vines! Glad to see you back at the Shootout.

DawnTreader said...

Wow. Those are some seriously twisted trees... ;)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh what a cooool tree..makes me think of fairies and elves LOL!! I totally understand what you mean..I have been so busy with commission work..that finding the time for anything has been hard. Welcome back :) Sarah

spiritsoflena said...

These trees are really interesting looking. I enjoyed your photos.

Heather said...

Those trees are amazing, so are the pictures!

In the eye of the beholder said...

Very cool twisted tree! Great Job!

Pauline said...

Wonderful photos of magnificent trees! So good to see you back.

Anonymous said...

We have some trees like this in the National Park that is about 15 min. from my home, my kids always loved to play in them, they called them the monkey trees! ;D

Jama said...

What a cool tree,with such awesome curls!

Kerry said...

These two themes really wound together nicely, didn't they? What interesting beautiful old trees/vines. At least I imagine they must be old?

♫ Melody ♫ said...

Those kind of trees are for me only to enjoy on pictures like yours ;-)
In Holland they do not apear;

Have a nice weekend

Jan C. said...

Those are beautiful and unusual. Notice the last photo - looks like a perky dog (looking into the photo) in the right front corner.

tammy said...

Wow. Those are so cool!

J9 said...

Those are some amazing shots!

Bagman and Butler said...

Now that is one twisted tree!

Unknown said...

beautiful captures Gigi. nature is so fun and interesting.

mCat said...

Love the tree - love the glimpse of a blue sky. Makes me happy!