Thursday, February 24, 2011

Friday Photo Shoot Out ~ Shoot From The Hip

From the Hip!
That's right. Taken from the hip.
Walk through a store or park or main street with
your camera on your hip, shooting away!

You can shoot high........ you can shoot low.
You won't know! Or just shoot ahead of you
as you walk. Maybe once in a while, shoot behind you.
I shot from the hip while at the Zoo on Monday.
I'm not so sure these pictures are that good
but for not looking through the view finder
most all these pictures were sharp.


You can't really tell here in this picture
but the zoo was very busy.
Monday was a holiday and the girls were out of school.

GRAND~daughter Shelby, niece Anna and youngest GRAND~Reagan.

Waiting for the train to pass.








It was a beautiful warm day.
We all enjoy being out side and watching the animals and the people.
For more Friday Shoot Out participants or
to join in the fun check here.

21 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are some great shots!!!

I love the one with the little GRANDS hair swinging.

Bamboo. Awesome, love the lines on that one.

You're amazin' girl~!

J9 said...

Really like the bamboo and the fenceposts. Mostly I love that you didn't shoot any animals at the zoo!

Jama said...

I love the photo of the wooden fence most, awesomely beautiful. Zoo is always a favorite place of mine, we only have one here and it's quiet near my place.

DawnTreader said...

These are all excellent. I would never have guessed that you didn't "see what you were doing"! :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Is Jacksonville the Jackson that Johnny Cash is singing? I watched his movie on Telly last Sunday.

The grands are growing taller.

slim pickins said...

What a fun day with the kiddos. I really enjoyed the bamboo and the wooden fence - you got some great shots!

Sue McPeak Hunt said...

Wow! The Jacksonville Zoo is really a Jungle! I really enjoyed all of your Hip Shots and thought the one of the girls looking through the glass framed fence was at great shot! Also all the Jungle shots!

I browsed your blog today and really enjoyed seeing all your photos! Great Zoo shots in the previouse posts. I see you have a NeatONikon, too! I'm looking to upgrade mine to detachable lenses with strong zoom. I have a fairly simple Nikon CoolPixL100...it does a great job, but I'm far enough along with photography that I'm ready for a Big Girl Camera! I'd love to take a class, too...was neat to see your class post!

Thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal. I'm a Follower of yours now!

Holly Diane said...

the girls outfits are so adorable! Looked like a fun day at the zoo!

LKP said...

not bad from the hip, not bad at all! they're all nice, but my fave is the fence posts....and the bamboo was rad too. :)

Ann Marie said...

I love it! Seriously.. from the hip? I may have to try that.. and if I do.. I will give you a shout out! :)

DARLING pictures. They look so warm. Makes me want to head to the zoo and anxious for spring/summer weather!!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh that was fun!! Your grandkiddos are darling! We do not have a zoo near us in Idaho..the closest one is on the coast..to far away!! IT looks sooooo warm there! We are below zero here..brrrrrrrrr! I loved the fence line..the dof is wonderful and the bamboo...! Great shootout!!! Sarah :)

Suburban Girl said...

You have a good hip for photography! Mine were pretty bad!

GingerV said...

all of your shots are straight. so what happened to mine? all were tilted. is my little finger too short or something.....?
I love the two little girls in pink shoes.... shucks I didn't count which one it was.... they are centered in the photo and walking.... I think the composition on that shot is great.

Pauline said...

Wow! That was an impressive shootout, seems like you shoot from the hip all the time! Love the fence and the down at their level shots of the girls.

tammy said...

Reminds me of the zoo here. In fact, at times I felt like I was looking at our zoo. Fun day!

Kerry said...

What a nice day. I feel like I might have been traipsing behind you. I also really like the shot you took of the bamboo, very nice!

Mikki said...

hmmm, where are all the animals? Maybe it's a people zoo....lol
sorry, just playiing.
Great shots Gigi. You take better shots from the hip than I do you know, reuglar like. :)

Connie said...

So... just having a camera in your hands turns in to beautiful pictures! Too bad there were so many people there!
It still looks like fun!

CB said...

Ok so you seriously didn't look and just snapped pictures all day while holding it down low? I'm trying to picture this. i need to try that and see what I get.
Looks like a good...warm (sniffle sniffle) day :-D

mCat said...

You really didn't look through the view finder on any of these? WOW!

Amazing shots! I wish it were warm enough here to go to the zoo

Unknown said...

all great shots from the hip! I like the fence line with the kiddos in the pic. as I am looking around at all the "shooters" posts, I am noticing the perspective of the shots. I really rather like it!!