Friday, August 22, 2008

A Rainy Night In Georgia

I braved tropical storm "Fay" last night and met Barney's friend Chris for a date to see the "Isaac's"! If we didn't have a foot stompin, hand clappin, head shakin, Amen, Praisin the Lord, kind of evening, then, I don't know what? If you ever get the chance to hear them don't pass it up! They are a bluegrass, gospel and country group. Our "cousin's" son, Nathan Fausett, plays the drums in the group. It was so fun to see Peggy and Nathan and the Isaac's again.

Weather update: Tropical storm Fay continues to hammer us. Schools have been canceled and we are under a tornado warning, not watch!! We lost electricity for a while last night but so far today we still have it. Sure hope we can keep it. Our big bridge is closed and roads are flooded. Stay home folks!

Update: kudo's to Echo, she guessed what my early and only present was! Nikon D-80!!!!

2 comments:

Positively Creative! said...

Gosh, how scary! I love crazy weather but not that crazy...hope all is well for you out there and your family!

Prudy said...

You brave woman, you. I'm glad it was fun and worth it. I have the same camera and I love it. Now only if I could learn to use it properly....