Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mid~Week~Blues~Birds

I'm staring at 2 1/2 Five Gallon buckets of Tomatoes that have to be canned.

I'm also making Strawberry Jam and Wild Blackberry Jam today.

I have no business on the computer this week.

But I wanted to play along and post my "Blue" pictures.

The first shot is a Blue Heron.

I have no idea what the next bird is

but I thought he was really pretty.

Hope you all have a great week.

I'll be around in between canning jars!




Do you have any "Blues" to share?

Join us here.

16 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Those are beautiful birds!

Canning? Really?
I never have to get into that stuff until September. How fun!

SusanD said...

I love canning tomatoes. I have a couple different recipes I use every year. Love them! But it is def a lot of work. Very worth it!

I've canned some spiced jalapenos and refrigerator pickles. Just found a recipe for freezer pickles I'm def trying.

Enjoy the tomatoes. Maybe the grand-girls can help you slip skins. :)

Blessings, SusanD

Anonymous said...

WOW...both of them are really beautiful! Good luck with the canning, something I did way too much of all my life, I am so done with it! LOL :D

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Beautiful pictures Gigi. Wish I was there to help you!

Suburban Girl said...

Wow, two amazing photos of blue birds. You are brave to can...I used to do it and I really should continue. I could make loads of raspberry jam instead I am freezing tons of raspberries. Jam would be much better.

Connie said...

Great photos! Have fun bottling! Our time will come soon enough!

EG CameraGirl said...

Magnificent photo, Gigi!

Now, back to your tomatoes! :)))

Anonymous said...

Did you go to Maynor to get tomatoes?? Needing tomatoes, have to can some. Enjoy canning.

Carolyn Ford said...

Those are gorgeous photos of the 2 birds...wow! What poses!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of the birds Gigi. I know you have a lot of tiring, hot work with the canning but it will be so worth it later in the year. Wish I was close enough to help you too!

Kathy said...

Thanks for taking the time to post these two beautiful blue birds. Good luck on the canning projects!

Unknown said...

OH! I love that second one--A LOT!

Carletta said...

Wonderful shots!
Actually I believe the second bird is also a heron. I think it's what they call a green backed heron. Love his feather patterns.
I'm so envious that you have fresh tomatoes already. :)

Gemma Mira Wiseman aka Pamela Adams said...

You have captured an awesome beauty in both birds! Especially love the detail of the feathers!

Stephani said...

Just hopping over here from Midweek Blues. I loved your photos and so enjoyed visiting your blog!

Dianne said...

canning and making jam!!
I'm sitting here and there's dust on every piece of furniture ;)
and I have all the cleaning supplies right next to me

beautiful birds
the 2nd shot is so drammatic!!