Monday, June 7, 2010

Oh My

Not an hour after I post my last post this morning
than I get a phone call from the Sweetheart.
He called to say that our "Squash sharing gardening friend"
had brought us a bucket full along with some eggplant and some tomatoes.
Feeling all humble and stuff.


I think we will have some Pork Chops and rice
along with some good ole veggies for supper!
Summer time yum!

12 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm trying very hard NOT to have anger in my heart! (I usually try to wait at least until Wednesday to do that)

Wow, those are some beautiful veggies! I can't imagine what kind of weather you are enjoying!

Nothing better than everything in that box....except Okra.
Don't know why I hate that veggie....I've NEVER even had it. I just hate the name.

Lucky girl. Enjoy the veggies and eating healthy. I think I'll go have some chocolate and a Big Mac to drown my sorrows with all this rain.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Ask and ye shall receive!

Hey, you can show up anytime...what a thrill it would be to meet you Gigi!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gigi, What time should I be there????? Just teasing but fresh veggies sound very tasty to me. Nice to have neighbors that share. Hope you and hubby have a wonderful evening.

Scrappy Girl said...

Yummy gorgeous veggies...enjoy!

I answered your question in my comments. Happy Monday!

myletterstoemily said...

what a wonderful friend to present
you with such bounty!

enjoy your yummy squash.

Karen Mello Burton said...

Oooo, that sounds good. We are bbqing with some friends. :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a squash sharing friend right now...yum...I love to just live out of the garden in the summer! Come say hi :D

mama said...

SEE! What did I tell You???

Mikki said...

Looks like you'll be eating squash and eggplant for a few days. MMMMMmmmm, I love me some fried eggplant. It all looks divine. Hope you had a yummmmerful dinner!!
(I think I just created a word).

Queenie Jeannie said...

Enjoy!!!

Dawn in D.C. said...

Oh yes! Love fresh veggies on the grill!

Enjoy your bounty!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I need a friend with a garden!
Those look wonderful.