This oldest child of mine turned 32 the 28th of March.
He had his favorite meal.
And I made his favorite birthday cake again this year!
Pecan Praline Cheese Cake
Crust: • 1/2 stick of melted butter
•1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
•1/4 cup granulated sugar
•Filling:
•4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
•1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
•4 eggs
•1/3 cup all-purpose flour
•1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325°.
Combine crust ingredients and press into bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk; beat until smooth. Add flour, eggs, and vanilla; beat until well blended. Pour into prepared crust. Wrap the bottom of the spring form pan in heavy duty foil; place the pan in a shallow baking pan, such as a jelly roll pan. Put the pans in the oven and add about 2 cups of hot water to the shallow baking pan, or to a depth of about 1/2-inch. Bake for 1 hour, or until lightly browned. The cheesecake will be slightly jiggly in the center.
PECAN PRALINE SAUCE
1/2 stick butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 c. pecan halves
1/4 c. light Karo syrup
1/2 c. sour cream
Melt butter over low heat; add pecans. Stir until light brown; add sugar and syrup. Continue to stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream. Pour over Cheese Cake.
I am way behind on blog posts that I may or may not ever catch up on.
5 comments:
Yummy! My birthday is on Thursday. I will be waiting for my cheesecake!
I can see that I have very different tastes than your offspring, but that's not a deal breaker for us is it?
Oh my goodness that cheesecake sounds AMAZING. Thanks for the recipe.
And you are great to make such a yummy desert for your son ; )
Holy Cow he looks just like your husband!
The Cheesecake looks divine - a man of good taste :-D
Happy Birthday to your handsome son. Thanks for the recipe for the deeee-licious looking cheese cake!
Wow! You're a good Mom!
Post a Comment