Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Thoughts Make Me Sick


Take 30 pounds of Apples. 


And a spanking new wash tub.


And a crowd of cute kiddo's and you get this.
My assignment for the Primary Fall Festival, Apple Bobbing.
My Shelby went first (thank goodness)
 Reagan is a smart girl, she wouldn't even try it.
The thoughts of apple bobbing in the midst
 of cold and flu season just grosses me out!
All those germs just swirling around and around
makes me gag. I had a hard time even thinking about it
but fortunately most of the apples had nice long stems
and I encouraged the kids to pick up the apples by the stems.
That was very easy and most those little ones
were able to do just that :) Yay!!

This is my darling DIL. She is dressed as Fiona!
She always goes all out and enjoys herself.
Sad thing is, she has a Shrek costume for
Travis and he wants NO part of it!
She's got a few more days to talk him into it.
Wish her luck!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Gigi! Glad Shelby went first! Your DIL is a real sport to dress up - love it!!!

Jan n Jer said...

You are so right about bobbing for apples...it is very germy! Glad the kids were able to pic them up by the stems. You DIL makes a great Fiona! Happy Halloween!

Ann Marie said...

I LOVE Fiona! Awesome!!!!!
Is it wrong to PRAY that he will be Shrek? :)

Yes... this post makes my Germaphobe self crazy!! Eww!
I SOO would have had my kids go firsttoo! haha

How did we all survive back in the day... Seriously...

tammy said...

LOVE the costume ideas!! I hope she can talk him into it. I usually am one that loves to dress up, but this year I'm ready for Halloween to be over with. I have never even thought about the gross germs and slobber floating around in the apple bobbing tin. Gross!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh my heck!
I am now totally sicked out.
I'm thinking about all the saliva and snot.
OK, that's it. I'm call the FCC or the DNA or whoever is in charge of apple bobbing.
GAG!

The DIL is absolutely delightful. I want her right now.
That is the best costume ever!

Stinkin' cute pictures.

Well.........except for the soon-to-be snotted water.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Gosh, it's been so long since I've bobbed for an apple and I would not have even given the germ thing a second thought, but thanks Gigi - lol

You may have to pull Mom rank and get your son into the Shrek costume for your DIL if she can't talk him into it.

Connie said...

Yuk!! I agree with you. It always grosses me out to think of bobbing for apples!

I LOVE your DIL's costume. Come on Travis, you can do it!!!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I used to love bobbing for apples as a kid, though I didn't think about all the germs back then. Love the Fiona costume. Hope she can convince her Shrek. :)

wendy said...

Now I don't think I'll ever bob for an apple again as long as I live...never thought of the whole Germ thing.
DIL's costume is great.
I miss not having any trick or treaters come to my door, as we are just too far out.
who wants to walk down 1/4 mile of dark country road, no lights...to get a candy bar??

Karen Mello Burton said...

Let us know if Travis wears the costume!

mCat said...

Good luck on the Shrek costume! And I am so with you on the apples....ICK!

Dawn in D.C. said...

Bobbing for apples was never my thing, either. Not because of germs (but thank you for that!) but because I usually had a face full of makeup for whatever creature I happened to be.:)

Hope Travis saw fit to join his lovely green wife in the wearing of the costume. Very cute idea!!

g said...

I hear ya!!!!! That is just gross.

Anonymous said...

ALWAYYYS GO FIRST!!! always!!!!

Mikki said...

Awesome Fiona!
My ward did fishing for apples this year. Such a great idea. They tied little loops to the apple stems, hooked a hook up to a pole and there ya' go. Much less nasty way of accomplishing the same thing.

Pedaling said...

Wow, Fiona is looking good!

I'm with ya on the bobbing for apples---yuck!

Sattakingin said...

Everyday poeple making so much money with the help of Italian styles way.play bazaarhelping to all of the blogging websites whatever the satta king going to your way.