Thursday, October 16, 2008

Gettin Place

Shelby told her mama a few weeks ago that, "Pop Pop was gettin a new foot from 'the gettin Place'!" Well that's where we were at yesterday, the 'gettin place'! Woo Hoo!!

This is a sample of a Prosthesis. That one only weighs about 3 lbs. We were getting some answers to some of our questions. He was fitted for and is wearing the shrinker. He will go back on Monday and if it has shrunk enough then they will cast him for his temporary Prosthesis. That should come in and be fitted on him in about 3 weeks! Did ya count? That's before Thanksgiving!! So when Dr. Brooks said that he'd be up and walking good by Christmas! He must of known what he was talking about. Harry will wear the temporary one for 4 or 5 months before he gets his permanent one. For his permanent BK Prosthesis they will match his skin color and shoe size so he can buy a pair of shoes for both feet. I hope and pray that things will continue to go well for him. He's really getting excited about getting up and walking again!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This so great and wonderful !!!
No holding back now. How excited I know you both are. What blessings from our Heavenly Father!!!

Love,
Papa

Amanda said...

Man, they have really come a long way with those artificial limbs. I can't believe that you will even be able to get his feet to match so you can buy one pair of shoes. I know it seems silly but what a blessing. And that Harry looks like he is doing so well. Glad to see him lookin good.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Gigi, I will say a prayer for you and for your sweetheart that everything goes as planeed with no hiccups! God bless all of you.

The Griffis 4 said...

yEAH pOP pop!

Sandman said...

That's so cool!! I'm really excited for ya'll!

Prudy said...

This is fabulous news! I love the "gettin place." I only wish I could hear Shelby say it! We live in an amazing time.

Nate Judd said...

How great, I'm so excited for Harry.
I have an old picture of my greatgrandpa, who lost a leg in a farming accident, riding a horse with his prostetic leg. It wasn't near a cool as Harry's will be.

Elizabeth said...

Gosh....technology is amazing!!!! I am so happy that things are going so well for him!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Email me and I'll send you a couple recipes for eggplant.

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

Yay! Good for him, and here's to being mobile again!

Anonymous said...

Gord and I are thrilled that Harry is doing so good. Please keep us posted.

Love Linda

travis said...

Now he will be able to put his foot in my ass like he says.

Anonymous said...

I just love Harry,s new foot. Will it make him taller? That is a great present to him. Tell him no kicking you in the butt. Auntie