Monday, December 15, 2008

Small Town Shopping

I went down town Macon, Missouri
just looking around.




This is what I found.
I was excited to see a Ben Franklin
that was still opened for business.




They were finishing up decorating for Christmas. This was the 21st of November. So they were really ahead of the game. They had some awesome trees and decoration.
I was most excited to find a sewing section that had fabric. I really miss having a fabric store in Brunswick. We have to drive to Jacksonville or Savannah to find a fabric store. Our Wal-Mart has done away with the fabric section. I really miss it a lot. Because when I want to sew, I want to sew and I don't want to drive over an hour to find the things that I need. This Ben Franklin was a lot of fun. I bought 3 colors of rick rack and some ribbon for hair bows.

Merry Christmas

6 comments:

Pam said...

What fun...I love stores like these - brings back great memories.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

It's nice to see that somewhere in this country, a "dime store" has survived.

Liz said...

I really hate that WalMart has done away with the fabric departments. When I first heard of it I felt so down about it. :-(

Andrea said...

Not a Walmart fan....these "of-another-era" stores are the best!! Thanks for sharing....glad I found your blog. :)

The Griffis 4 said...

I think if I ever win the lottery i would like to move somewhere like this & raise the girls in a small town atmosphere! I know Im crazy,,, but I am really serious!

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky 2 out 3 Wal-Marts still have a fabric department. I usually go to the one in Pooler, GA as it is closer to my house. Hopefully, they won't remodel these stores for a while.