Baked Chicken and Rice
Chicken pieces
1 stick butter
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cream of celery soup
1 can of water
1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Melt Butter in 9x13 baking dish. Stir soups, rice and water together well. Add some salt and pepper to the rice mixture and pour into the baking dish with the melted butter. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Salt and pepper the chicken and place it on top of rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 300* for at least 2 hours. Then uncover chicken and bake a little longer until chicken begins to brown slightly. When the chicken is done the rice is too.
Now a few side notes: Some times I use all legs or all thighs or 1/4 pieces. Sometimes I take all the skin off the chicken too, just depends on how much time I have. You can use all the soups in the low or no fat brands, still tastes wonderful. It's also an easy recipe to double and put in one of those big buffet throw away pans.
This is one of my favorite recipes.
16 comments:
This looks great, Gigi!
Thank you for sharing this recipe. We eat a lot of chicken and we love rice and it's nice to have a new recipe to try. Hope you enjoy your afternoon Gigi.
I am sure that is wonderful. It sounds like the ideal comfort food.
Gigi I was shocked when I saw your recipe today.
I was given this recipe when I was newly married and it has always been a family favorite - definately tried and true. I have never known anyone else who had this one - Cool!!!!!! And we are across the country from each other.
I also use pork chops sometimes - also good!!
I love it too..have been making it for years and we always love it! Come say hi :D
I can vouch for Gigi's Chicken & Rice, always good and Jordan's first try at it was great.
Love them both,
Papa
I make something really similar to this, only I use Cream of Mushroom and a packet of dry onion soup. Yummm...
That is a no fail recipe if there ever was one!
Through all the years you have made it for family gatherings it has always been great -- and now Jordan baked it for Mother's Day and it was so delicious. As was every thing on the menu. That was the only thing I took second helpings on & and wanted more. So yummy!
Saw this today, made it tonight for dinner! TOTALLY FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!!
Gigi,
It really looks good! I know I have a recipe similar to that one but yours is right here for me to copy and copy I will!
Hey Gigi, my grandma used to always make chicken and rice. It is one of my favorite recipes too. Ours is similar to yours except we use milk instead of water and one envelope of onion soup mix in place of salt and pepper. It is so good.
Now I'm hungry! :) Looks great!
Yep, this one has been around forever, kinda like me. Your right, the picture really doesn't do it justice 'cause it is truly one of those delicious comfort meals!!!
Now I want some............
God bless ya and have a beautiful day!!!
Yummy!! :D
That sounds delicious! Its rainy and 50 degrees here in San Francisco! I'm gonna try this tonight!
That is one of my favorites too. So yummy.
Post a Comment