Monday, May 31, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

My very favorite thing to eat at the Olive Garden

is the Chicken Scampi!

I order it every time I go!

So I was really happy when one of my favorite food blogs,

Prudence Pennywise

featured her mother's copy cat recipe for the Chicken Scampi a few weeks ago.

As soon as I had a chance I tried the recipe.

I had a few changes of my own but it was wonderful!

So please go here and check out her step

by step pictured directions, you won't be sorry!

Prudy's Mom's Copy Cat Chicken Scampi
Slightly Adapted to make it easier, by Prudy
Estimated Cost: $10.00
8 tablespoons butter, divided use
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
2 bell peppers, green and red, cored and thinly sliced
1 lbs chicken tenders, pounded flat
2 tablespoons butter
1 lb angel hair pasta
1 cup chicken broth
freshly grated parmesan
chopped parsley

Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter. Cook garlic until fragrant, remove with slotted spoon. Cook onion and bell pepper until crisp-tender, about 7 minutes. Remove peppers and onions to plate. Add chicken and brown on both sides in another tablespoon of butter. Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Add remaining butter and slowly stir in chicken broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve pasta, chicken and peppers on serving dish. Sprinkle liberally with parmesan and parsley.

Thanks Prudy for sharing another prize winning recipe!

6 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I haven't ever tried that one. I love their Zupa soup.

Actually what I really love is not having to cook.

I need to get more motivated to cook.

I love the photo.
I will give this a try. I haven't ever been to Prudy's place, I'll have to check it out!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I love sea food and I thought Scampi is lobster. Can you imagine me ordering a chicken scampi and not find a single piece of lobster in it.LOL

Anonymous said...

This has all of John's favorites in it ~ I'll definitely give this a try.

Queenie Jeannie said...

I always get the seafood portofino myself. I've always loved Olive Garden but the one here is awful - bad food and bad service. I can't wait to have real Italian soon!!!! I plan on learning how to make everything and of course I will post recipes on my blog!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds delicious. I haven't eaten at an Olive Garden yet. How cool that you found a recipe for it!

echoeve said...

check this out...then you can have it anytime...LOL

http://creativecanning.blogspot.com/2009/04/blog-post.html