Monday, July 18, 2011

Color Me Happy

A summer camp is held Monday-Friday 10:00-1:00 at our local "paint your own pottery studio" called "Color Me Happy". Shelby was old enough to go this year and was excited that her cousin Madi was there too. They did pottery-painting, canvas painting, building with clay, glass fusing, sand art & tie dying a t-shirt!

By the smiles on their faces you can tell that they loved it!

This was about half way through her painting. It turned out really cute.

 
Reagan isn't old enough to go this year. But she loves to go to the public library which is just around the corner from Color Me Happy.
She has been infatuated with all the Christmas books and we've only checked out 7 already this summer. I'm sure there are more that we haven't gotten to yet. That day I read her 3 and we checked out 3 more all on Christmas.
 And Christmas will be here before we know it.
The top pictures have the yellow in them that I need to join Mellow Yellow Monday.
MellowYellowMondayBadge

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just this weekend, I saw one of these paint your own pottery studios near our home. Looks like a lot of fun.
The library is also a lot of fun and it's never too early to read about Christmas!
Hope you all have a great Monday!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I'd be colored so happy if I could go to pottery camp! I can't wait to see all of the art Shelby creates. Gigi, Reagan's little face has matured so much! I can only imagine how exceited she'll be this year for Christmas after all the reading she will have done this summer.

Dawn in D.C. said...

Reagan's haircut suits her so well. I love it.

Looks like a great time! I would love to go do something like that because then I don't have to clean up. Good idea, Grandma!

Jan n Jer said...

Your a fun G.Ma...the girls are just soooo adorable! I am having our two youngest ovenight on Tuesday!! They still think its cool to go to G.Ma n G.Pa's house. The two oldest just like to come because there is a McDonalds around the corner n they can walk there and get a Frappe(sp?). LOL!

Anonymous said...

awww... they're so cute:) lovely lil ladies.. was here for MM.. hope you can visit back .

http://www.theconsumertalk.info/2011/07/18/nestle-fruit-selection-yogurt/

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That looks like some pretty happy girls.
You are such a wonderful grammy to do all these awesome things with them.

I love Christmas books too!

Connie said...

Shelby's picture is awesome! What a fun thing to do.
Should I be dusting off my Christmas music? Nah, I can't think about Christmas until this wedding is over with!
Love all your pictures. Your Grandgirls are simply adorable!

Yvonne said...

I wish they had those paint your own pottery studios when Heidi was little--she would have loved them.

You are so right--Christmas will be here before you know it.

Enjoy those little ones.

tammy said...

I love that she's so into Christmas books. I'm really into Christmas too. That book looks cute. I may have to pick it up.

mCat said...

Those girls look like they are having so much fun!! Every picture they just get cuter and cuter...