Monday, July 25, 2011

Zoo To You

This is my Mellow Yellow Monday post.
You will find lots of yellow in these pictures
 but there is one that will stand out.

We have had some wonderful FREE programs at the library this summer.
On this day we had Wildlife Wonders, "Zoo To You" come to visit from North Georgia.

We got there early to get a good seat and we brought along
cousin Ammon who was here from Birmingham, AL. visiting Gma Griffis.

He was giving us the rules.

And then he started bringing out the animals.
This is a brown skunk.
I never knew they were brown.
I thought that they were all black.

A Brazilian Armadillo who never did show up for the party.

And this is my M.Y.M. picture.
A yellow Amazon Python.


I forgot what this is??
Want to take a guess?

An African Bullfrog


Lemur
And one of my favorites, this 3 week old porcupine.
MellowYellowMondayBadge

7 comments:

dianasfaria.com said...

wow! that Amazon Python is amazing!
I bet the children & adults enjoyed this presentation equally!

CB said...

Oh my I bet the kids went crazy over those animals. We had a guy bring a big yellow python like that to our library once and it scared the heck out of me - Trent was like 4 and, of course, he wanted to pet it.
I have never seen a brown skunk either - they are all black - AND STINKY - around here!! Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

What great fun to see all these! That python is creepy!!!

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like a fun program! Bet the kids had a blast with all those animals n reptiles! That yellow python is amazing..but scary!!!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OK, the yellow snake just about did me in!
That is quite the story time.
I bet the kids all loved it.
There were probably a lot of screams from the adults and squeals from the kids.

Karen Mello Burton said...

My boys would have sat still and listened if our story time looked like this when they were little!

Yvonne said...

My whole body tensed up when I saw that python.

Love the lemur.

And thanks for letting us know about the brown skunk--just in case. I'd hate to think I'd see one and think, "Oh that's not a skunk because they're always black" ; )