Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting For Fireworks

This year we viewed the fireworks in old downtown Brunswick.
We got there over an hour early to get a good place.
We try and sit right at the edge of the parking lot so that
the Sweetheart can get right out and sit down
and no walking or tripping involved.
Of course it's a good time to take some family pictures.

 My GRAND, Shelby.

The other GRAND, Reagan.

My oldest son, Harrison and his wife Christon.
The parents of my GRAND-daughters.

 The Sweetheart aka Pop Pop and Shela.

 Pop Pop and Rea.

My niece Leah and Shel.

The Sweetheart's sister Sue and her oldest son Aaron.

Family friend, Paige.

Family friend, Claudia

Family friend, Kara Mia.

My GREAT nephew, Jonah, Aaron's son.

GREAT nephew Manny, Aaron's youngest son.

The Sweetheart and his mother, aka, Gma Griffis or Kathleen.

Shelby and GREAT-GRANDma Griffis
and a fake cat.

GREAT-GRANDma and Reagan.

And finally the Sweetheart and yours truly!
The weather was perfect, no smoke from the fires and the best breeze.
Everyone had such a great time.
Half way through the fireworks Shelby yells,
"This is the best day ever"!!
And it really was.

12 comments:

Yvonne said...

Such beautiful pictures. Lots and lots of freckles and GREAT SMILES.

(And I love the "fake cat" ; )

You have such beautiful, warm eyes.

Anonymous said...

Such precious photos of family and friends. So glad you all enjoyed the day!

ellen said...

What's with that fake cat?!?

Connie said...

It looks like you were able to celebrate in good company. You know things are going well when a child claims that it's the best day ever!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Your family is beautiful!

Fake cat? Well, I guess that is low maintenence. Is it your MIL's?

So glad you had a great day. It looks like there were lots of smiles.
You do such a great job of capturing eyes. I really need to pop over for some lessons.

You look so cute with the sweetheart!

Tammy said...

Lovely pictures of a lovely bunch. The lighting in a few of them is so wonderfully warm...must have been the sunset.

Jan n Jer said...

wow you had your own little crowd. Great pics of everybody! I only know of one downtown Brunswick and that is down by Mary Ross Park/New castle st. Is this where you were??? You have me puzzled when you say Old downtown Brunswick.

tammy said...

Cute kiddos.
Great looking family.
"Best day ever" -- can't beat that!

Dawn in D.C. said...

It really does sound like the "best day ever". I'm glad you had such a great time.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Such beautiful pictures. What a lovely family you have. Doesn't it seem to take forever for it to get dark on the 4th of July when we are all waiting for the fireworks?

Tara said...

I love these pictures! You do such a great job behind the camera. My favorite family pics, are the ones you took of us last November...I've gotten the most complements on them! Thanks so much.

I love the ones of Grandma in this post...she looks so great and rested...younger even!

mCat said...

I'm telling ya - you southerners are GORGEOUS people! Love the smiles