Dolores Hope celebrates
her 100th birthday

LOS ANGELES – Bob Hope's widow, Dolores Hope, has celebrated her 100th birthday with friends and family at the Hope estate in Toluca Lake, Calif.
Although she was brought to Wednesday night's party in a wheelchair, Dolores Hope was alert and happy as she greeted scores of old friends and posed for photographs.
Guests included Gloria Stuart, Ann Blyth and Phyllis Diller.
Bob Hope died in 2003 at age 100.
The couple were married on Feb. 19, 1934.
I loved Bob Hope.
11 comments:
Wow! The things she has experienced in her lifetime. The changes in technology and society. Amazing. Thanks for sharing this. Blessings, SusanD
I loved Bob Hope! I didn't realize he was 100 when he died! I wonder what the two of them did to have such long, full, lives! Thanks for posting this.
Good to see she looks so vibrant!And to think people used to live only until about 40 years old. Someone 60 was ancient. Does that mean our generation will live to be 125? Cuz I don't wanna.
I, too, wish I knew their secret to so many years together without a casualty.
Very interesting! I knew nothing about her, or honestly, that she even existed.
That is so cool. I love the Hope's too. They sure did alot for our service men and women. Happy 100.
That is so neat! I always loved Bob Hope - still love his movies and thought they were/are a great couple!
Thanks for posting this I didn't even know she was still alive.
Bob Hope guest-starred in an episode of The Golden Girls, so you know he is endeared to me forever! I LOVE Phyllis Diller. Funny lady.
How funny, I was thinking about her the other day and was wondering if she was still alive. It's amazing how good she looks at 100!
OH WOW, can you imagine --I'd love to be 100---as long as I still have my wits about me and some sense of dignity left. but imagine that.
I've always liked Bob Hope too, ever since I read a biography about him in the fourth grade. Did you know his real name was Leslie Hope, and if I remember right, he was from England, moved to America as a child. In England when they introduced themselves they said their last name first, followed by their first name, so when he would introduce himself to people, He would say "I'm Hope, Leslie." (Hopelessy) I always thought that was hysterical. Anyway, I was also pretty thrilled when he spoke at my graduation in Palm Springs CA, in 1990.
I thought it interesting that they were married in February 1934. That's the year I was born and I'm only 74 now.??@#%
Here are two people who were surounded by glamor and ritz but must have a lived a clean and wholesome life without getting into the crappy lifestyle of Hollywood. Bob Hope blessed many lives with his service to our military. Long live his memory.
Love you,
papa
Post a Comment