Thursday, May 14, 2009

Friday Home Town Shoot Out: Transportation

My Town:
Brunswick GA. USA
This weeks assignment was:
Transportation: HOW PEOPLE IN YOUR TOWN GET AROUND WITHOUT A CAR. IT COULD BE..... BUS, BIKE, HIKE OR WHATEVER.
********************
We have no form of public transportation. I guess you could call a taxi. We do have a few taxi companies.
So I'll show you how we get around if don't drive the trucks.



Looking over my shoulder I snapped these two pictures of the GRAND~girls.

I was on the front of the Easy Go.
The sweetheart just built the cart
to pull behind it. He still has a
few things to do to it but when
finished it's going to be a cool ride.

As I was trying to get a picture the 2 year old got off and squatted down and put her hands to her cheeks and said "cheese"! That was a first for her. She never wants her picture taken.

*****

We use the Easy Go to cruise the neighborhood and to chase down the Ice Cream Truck.

You could use the Flintstones
car to get around the yard.


Or the Scooter or the Radio Flyer Trike.

This is my bike.
It is much easier to ride when
you are not pulling two children.

The sweetheart gets around on this or sometimes a wheel chair. He does walk short distances if he has your arm to hold on to.
(during heart by~pass surgery he suffered a slight stroke and it caused him to lose the hearing in his right ear and he lost all of his equilibrium. He hasn't let it slow him down one bit.)

The children in the hood ride the bus to and from school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Well, that's the best this country girl can do for Transportation with out a car. I could have shown you the riding lawn mower and our tractor.

But you get the picture.

~~~~~~~~~~

If you want to join our Home Town Shoot Out Gang click here and get the details. Come on it's fun, the more the merrier!

22 comments:

Carey-Life in the Carpool Lane said...

So cool! I want a ride in the Easy Go and cart...and my boys would love it too!

Kristina P. said...

I wish I had a golf cart!

Sarah Lulu said...

Ohhh how wonderful.

I loved the easy-go with the cart behind it ..I want one!

I have very poor balance too and it doesn't stop me either!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

On Wednesday, I went to the mpvies with the gals at work. We watched the documentary of a a of famous entertainers of New Zealand, the Topps Twins. In their very down to earth way, they had a fram tractor pull their caravan on tour for 150 days. They said it went 15 KHP.

How fast did yours go? The one you call Easy Go with the cart.

Hope your other half gets better.

I like the photo of your grand daughter. My son, Samuel used to act up like her. He even said, it was annoying.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I wish i and the Easy-Go cart. That looks so cool, but i like the scooter too! Great photos Gigi! I really enjoyed this post!

Barry said...

Ah that was great fun!

Eventually I guess we'll all be riding golf carts!

And that little girl was a really cutie!

Missy said...

Nice golf cart :-) your grand daughter is so cute, your bike is cute pulling the other bike :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ride !! Lovely grandgirls,
Love,
papa

Jan said...

You make me want to move really badly. So pretty. Love the transportation pictures and the swings too :)

A Scattering said...

Excellent choices, just goes to show how varied our "public" transportaion can be. How cute are your grand-girls!?

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

So cute! I love the transportation devices you all have, it's awesome.

I do wanna know.....have you ever sat in your hubby's lab while he was navigating the scooter? Hmmmm....sounds like an idea don't ya think?

Devri said...

I wish I had a easy go and cart!!

your girls are beautiful...(i kknow they are your grand girls, but they still are your girls!!

Chef E said...

What a cute cart! Reminds me of a neighbor when I was a child he was a train engineer and built a small train for our school carnivals!

Same balance thing with me due to ear problems, and I just have to watch that I do not trip...have the bad knees for that one...

I love how we are all seeing into each others worlds!

Unknown said...

very cool cart! love all the ways your grand kids get around also!

Gordon said...

Isn't it great to have a grandchild thing goin' on! Good show.

CB said...

I love the easy-go - Now I could picture crusing around in that!

Your grandgirls are so sweet - What cute little girls - they must be such a joy all pink and smiley!!

Yayyy for your sweetheart to not let the trials of life get the best of him!!!

J9 said...

That cart behind the easy go looks like alot of fun!

wendy said...

fun photos ---at my parents house on the farm in Canada, we get around in my grandpa's old golf cart, the kids love it!!!!

Mikki said...

Great pics! Looks like lots of fun ways to get around. Beats a car hands down!

Ed said...

Great idea making the cart to haul the grandkids around, ingenuis!!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Okay........I want the Radio Flyer thingy for my own self to get aound on. It would be great in and around town and maybe people would just move when I flew down the sidewalks. Ya think?
Tell Sweetheart he's looking pretty hot these day. The grand-kiddo's warm my heart :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Unknown said...

I love your shot of your bike...reminds me of the days when my eldest (now 18 yrs old) and I used to take long bike rides together. In his toddler days, he'd be perched in the child's seat on the bike, the back, chattering away about what we would see. He'd point and ask "Whats dat?" I'd answer, " and dat?" I'd answer...and this would go on for hours...