Alligator...
No we don't throw the children to the gators, they willingly put their heads in the gators mouth.
But all these pictures were taken at the Alligator Farm, Silver Springs or the Jacksonville Zoo. Seems like everyplace down here has an Alligator or two.
8 comments:
A few years ago I went fishing Gigi's sweetheart, one of her sons and a cousin. This was in the back waters of the St. Johns River, the river that flows north. Anyway there were gators all over the place, most were laying up on the bank sunning themselves. They did not bother us and we certainly did not bother them. I would guess that the longest one we saw was about 10 to 12 feet long. This was in the wild not behind any glass.
Your brave papa!!!!
Holy Smoly. Those are just huge and intimidating Gigi. The one with the mouth open, is so alarming at how huge those things get.
Interesting post and a fun day post. Glad they were in a zoo, but a little heebie jeebie. We don't have those around here.
Have a great Sunday.
Did you put your fingers into the alligator's mouth to see how many teeth it has? Your gator sure has a lot of teeth.
In Borneo we have crocodile farms. Once in a white we have a giant flood. The flood water came higher than the chicken wire netting. My friend's dad had to go round the small village looking for his crocodiles that had escaped. The people used to call him eccentric for keeping crocodiles. Then after the incident, they call him mad and dangerous. They never found the crocodiles. They all escaped to our Rejang River which at them time was freed of crocodile infestation.
They really freak me out!
Glad to know the gators are NOT in your yard! They are such interesting creatures... when viewed behind glass!
I'm glad you explained this to us. I was beginning to fear for your life, or at least a limb!
Sorry, still scared! They are just so...prehistoric creepy looking! Glad you don't have them in your yard.
That would be very cool to see --BEHIND GLASS!!! wouldn't want to mess with one of those, crickey (to quote the crocodile hunter, miss that guy, he was fun)
They sure look intimidating to me! I think I'll run far far away if every I see these creatures near me!
Post a Comment