Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Josh Update

MIRACLES ABOUND!!!
(email from Jordan)
The report on Josh as he was being escorted to the helicopter pad last night (9:20ish) was a fractured pelvis, multiple cracked ribs, punctured lung and lacerated liver. The ER doc said to us, "he's not stable, but he's not serious. He's guarded."

Josh was on highway 17 near Two Way Fish Camp when he got a call for a hit and run. He did a u-turn and was t-boned by a semi truck on his side. He had his chief's son Dillan with him (will be fine; maybe even got released last night?!) The fact that he survived is a miracle!

Here's where the good news comes in- by the time he arrived and went into surgery, his liver had stopped bleeding and his lung was working on its own. It also looks as if his pelvis will self-heal... still waiting for more on that.They went ahead and put him on a ventilator to help his body rest. They did find that he has broken his left foot (he had been trapped in the car and had to be cut out).

My dad convinced me to stay in Brunswick last night so I could sleep. Travis and I will head up there in just a few.

So, he's sleeping right now and we are awaiting the the report from the orthopaedic surgeon.
Thank you! thank you! thank you! for your thoughts and prayers! God hears and answers our prayers! We don't know how long at this point he's going to be at Memorial in Savannah. But, he's alive and he's stable. I will keep everyone posted! Please pray for a complete and speedy recovery!
Love, Jordan

This is the update from the post below. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and prayers! Gigi

18 comments:

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

Gigi, I'll check back periodically today for updates.

aurbie said...

What good news. He is so lucky. Well wishes from Crisfield.

SusanD said...

Praise God for this good report. Will continue to lift them up. Blessings, SusanD

Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to hear this!

jennifer rogers said...

wow it really does sound like a miracle! I'm glad that he is in better condition we are thinking about Jordan today...how scary!

Jan said...

Great news Gigi.

Devri said...

yay!!!! The great thing about Heavenly Fathers plan, if it was not your turn to be called home, you will recover, and the faith of the saints will help!!!

What great news!

Kristina P. said...

This is great news! I'm so glad he's recovering well.

A Scattering said...

So glad to hear things look better than they first appeared. Best wishes to all of you.

Nate Judd said...

Thanks for the update, I love hearing stories about miracles like this. I'm so glad he's doing better and his body is healing itself.

CB said...

Oh my goodness I just now read these posts! How scary. It truly is a miracle he is alive.

What a blessing that he is doing well.

I will still keep him in my prayers.

Wishing the best.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I read this on my way in to Sunday Stills. What a terrible accident, I do hope that he recovers fully..so young..sending a few prayers that way! :)

That Girl said...

!!!!

I didn't check in yesterday and I was shocked to see these updates.

My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad he is doing better!! prayers work miracles ♥

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I am so glad he's stable. Just looking at the damage to his cruiser, it is a miracle that he survived at all.

SusanD said...

Thanks for the update. WOW! The hand of God was truly on him to survive such a crash. Continued prayers here. Blessings, SusanD

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Prayers are with you and your family at this time.

Chef E said...

OH NO!!! I just heard this term the other day, T boned...glad he is doing better... As I have suffered tragedy, I will keep you and him in my thoughts...