Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

Both Friday Shoot Out and Photo~Hunt Saturday
have the same theme this week.
Memorial Day
I'm not home this week so I went to the nearest cemetery
in Petoskey, Michigan for my pictures.



I thought it interesting that this fellow,
Casper and I share the same birthday.
For more Friday Shoot Outs click here.
Saturday Photo~Hunt click here.
Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

12 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Does the army go and put flags on every grave?

My friend's mum just died. The dad was a war Vet, and when he dies, he will be buried where all the returned in the RSA. My friend's mum's ashes will be allowed to be buried with his Dad.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

How sweet to find someone with your birthday. I love to walk around a cemetery. ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

You are visiting many of the areas John remembers. Imagine finding someone with your birthday. You all have a nice, safe weekend Gigi.

Mariposa said...

Nice take on the theme. Enjoy your weekend!

I'm a bit late, but here is my entry -

Mariposa's PhotoHunt

bonggamom said...

Happy Memorial Day! How nice that people put flags on the soldiers' graves.

My photohunt post is up

Sue McPeak Hunt said...

It's heart warming to see the flags honoring the veterans and heroes that have passed. We do this in my old hometown, and I missed getting to honor my Dad this year with a flag. Thanks for sharing. Each photo was a special shot.

Unknown said...

how nice to honor the ones that fought for the freedoms we have today. lovely post.

Cheryl said...

I couldn't go to the cemeteries and I'm glad you did. Ours are just filled to the brim of heroes going back to the 17th century. Hard sight to see especially when all the flags have been set out.

Queenie Jeannie said...

God bless our troops! Thank you for this beautiful tribute post!!

Scott Law said...

Sorry I'm late getting to your PhotoHunt post. Way to participate even when it wasn't convenient and a nice job of it too. From your photos you don't look 119 years old like Casper, but you probably take good care of yourself LOL! I hope you have a sense of humor. Seriously though, great take on the theme and I hope you have a great weekend.

Suburban Girl said...

You thought you were late...I just posted mine! :) Nice memorial.

Jama said...

God bless the people who took good care of the ground!