Here are my other run ins with deer on this trip to Michigan.
We were riding along and I see this house and barn.
Of course I want to stop and take a picture.
No one behind us and no one coming so the Sweetheart.
pulls over to let me get a picture.
The place looks deserted.
No sign of a living soul.
I decide that I want to stand on the corner of the fence to take the picture.
I start walking down to the corner of the
fence line and just happened to look down.
And so glad I did.
I came with in one step
of stepping on this fawn.
So little, I couldn't even believe it.
It was alive and barely moved it's little head.
Of course I take the picture of it and then
backed out so as not to disturb it.
Then I wondered where it's mother was and
why he was he curled up by the fence and so close to the road?
I went to the other end of the fence line and took this
picture which was a much better shot any way, wasn't it?
Then we went on down the road and took the
Pierce Stocking Scenic Drive.
If you ever find yourself on the west side of upper
Michigan don't miss it.
Well as we were driving around the one way loop
I see these ears sticking up and looking our way.
I take some pictures
and then she starts to run.
And running along right beside her was her baby.
Very small and to the left.
Can you see it?
I have enjoyed the beauty of this area so much.
I've taken lots of pictures that I will share in time.
Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday weekend.
I'm headed home!
Yay!
9 comments:
I just loved it! We could sure exchange stories, living here among the mountains, I have had up close and personal experiences with deer and babies you wouldn't believe...Thanks for sharing these! :D
Your pictures beautifully tell a story. Love the baby fawn.
Next time if another meets your car, go to the garage station and buy a whole lot of ice. That should take care of it until you can take it to your son's place.
Not only some wonderful pictures but a great and heart-warming story as well. Sure glad I visited.
Your pictures are great, what incredible experiences you are having. Will you ever be that close to a fawn again?
Harry must have a lot of patience to just sit there watching and waiting on you.
Be safe,
Love y'all,
Daddy
I was afraid that they would be sad stories. You have a nice time on your trip.
Those were amazing pictures!! What a beautiful area. My favorites were the ones of the dear! SO CUTE!!!!
How adorable! Hope you have a great weekend!
Great photos!! I think the second and third are my favorites. The fawn is just precious, and the barn is fantastic too!
Post a Comment