For the last few years the sweetheart has been restoring a 1954 Chevy truck. I never thought he would be finished. They took it to the painter this week. It will be sort of like this truck in the picture, it'll be pearl white. He will still have all the interior work to do but it's starting to look like he might actually finish in my lifetime. I'm excited for him and look forward for our first road trip. At the rate he has been going it will be next spring some time.This is what it looked like the last time I saw it a few months ago, slowly but surely he may finish.
15 comments:
What a great hobby restoring the truck. The pearl white is a pretty color. Can't wait to see you two going for a spin in that beauty!
Ya'll will have to come to a car show with us when he gets it finish. Can't wait to see the finish product. They are fun!!
Sweet... You husband and my husband are a lot alike. He always has a project going too.
How fun! My computer wouldn't show me the top picture! Weird! I hope to see it when he's finished. Lots of work, lots of satisfaction when it's done!
My husband restored a 41 Chevy. It was fun to drive around town and have people ask about it.
Good luck!
It will be cool when finished, don't forget to make a place for the Grand-girls to ride with Pop-pop.
Love,
papa
Maybe ya'll could come up here for one of the many rod runs in Pigeon Forge. I can't wait to see pictures of it.
I can't wait to see what it looks like,all completed!
Beautiful photos!
I have a Nikon D80 too, and I love it. I have to say, as boring as it is (and I am not done yet) reading the manual has been very helpful. I got a piece at a time and then try to digest what I've learned.
Google has become my best friend, there are lots of nice photographers out there, willing to share.
There are also mean ones too, LOL!
I mostly use the 50mm 1.4D lens. It is a prime lens, meaning to zoom, you use your feet. I find that this lens takes the best photos, in terms of clarity.
I picked up a 75-300mm 3.5 zoom, it is all metal, heavy and 'slow', but I love it. My squirrel shots were all done with that lens. I paid $100.00 for it, used.
I rarely use the 18-135mm 3.5 anymore, but it has it's place. I use it when I'm not sure what to expect from the situation.
The other two are more specialized, and my zoom (the 75-300mm) is overkill to have on the camera all the time.
That SLR I posted, I got it years ago, and I don't even know what the focal lengths are for the lens it came it. Because Nikon never changed its lens mounts, you can use older lenses on newer cameras and vice versa, however, you have to be careful because some lenses won't have full functionality on certain cameras.
Wow, that was a long answer! If you ever have any questions, and think I might be able to help, feel free to email me at goettin@gmail.com
:)
Oh what fun! I love vintatge cars. wait....does that mean I'm vintage too cause I'm the same age as that truck? hahahaha Blessings, SusanD
I totally want a ride in there with you two gigi!!!
WOW!!! She's a be-yoot :)
Steady On
Reggie Girl
Perfection takes time :-) The wait will be worth it.
Can't wait to see the finished truck..:-)
G'day! I love that car so much it reminds me of so many old movies ...
Thank you for your kind offer of a baby gift ...
I can't email you using my work laptop ...because my work email will popup and I don't want to read any! I'm on holidays ...
Could you possibly email me? Then I can email you back from my blogger email ...Gosh that sounds insane doesn't it?!
I've only been back 2 hours.
Thank you again ..your thoughts were lovely.
Gigi, Is it going to go FAST like the Mustang did?? Man I loved driving that car. heart, C.
Post a Comment