Friday, June 5, 2009

Friday Shoot Out

Friday Shoot Out's Theme this week is Random


Last week we were making a delivery in Savannah.
Why use the GPS when you can get the Royal Nephews to show you the way. Oldest nephew says,"when you go over the this hill be prepared to see something really big!" I had no idea what to get prepared for but I was trying really hard to be ready to be 'WOWed'!


We get over the hill and he says, 'TA DA"!


He was right this was really big!


So big that I put in the telephone pole so you could see it in comparison.
~
So how's that for Random?
Pretty good huh?

When I was on my class photography field trip and suppose to be taking pictures of Skyler, I couldn't help but watch this couple and their photographer taking pictures.
So I took one too.
I was actually feeling very sorry for the photographer because he was losing light so fast.

I thought this was pretty random.
Ever seen the Zoo Keeper feed the snakes?
Cool!

I took this picture of Lovely Lane Chapel last week when I was taking pictures for the Water Challenge. Who knew I would need it this week for Random?

Still not sure what this is?
found it on the beach last week.

Did I show you what I got for Mother's Day? Before you get to feeling sorry for me that it wasn't something all girly, I picked it out! All the sweetheart had to do was pay for it.


It's an awesome wheelbarrow. When it is like this you can just rake up what ever and then roll it away. I've even given the GRAND~girls rides in it. Because of the big tires it is so easy to use. Need one? Check it out.


This is a Cedar Tree.
So big that I had to take it in two pictures.

Top half, not such a great picture.


Just one table at the farmers market.

Do you know what that green stuff is on the first row?

That's okra!

Yummy, anyway you cook it. If you like okra you must be southern.
Latest victim of the swine flu!
I don't have to tell you who he caught it from, do I!

24 comments:

Kristina P. said...

The picture you took of the happy couple is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

All of the pictures are amazing - my favs are the little quaint church, the bride/groom and the okra! Earlier this week I was treated to fried okra - one of my all time favorites!

Anonymous said...

THAT MAILBOX IS HUGE!
AND
I LOVE LOVE LOVE OKRA! {YES... I AM SUUUUUTHERN}

echoeve said...

I don't consider myself southern, because I was born and raised a yankee. But I do love okra.

I love the kermit the frog picture the best. You are so funny.

Devri said...

I love the what evah you found on the beach.. I am sure it has some good stories for the person it belongs to.. now if you could find that person.

Jan said...

Fun stuff Gigi. I love that mailbox. And that farmers market picture is oh so yummy looking.

Zaroga said...

I loved the pictures. The country church is much like the old one that my grandparents went to.

I love okra... o cree is the way I pronounce it :-)

Jen Sue Wild said...

These pics are amazeing!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures. I have the priviledge of driving past the mailbox everyday, since it's not to far from my home. I was born in the north, and I love orka just about anyway it's cooked. YUM!! YUM!!

Anonymous said...

ROFL - that last photo was hilarious. the swine flu - hahahahha!!!

:)

You have a fabulous selection here, I loved the mailbox too.

Strawberry Girl said...

Alrighty, the point of a gigantic mailbox...? Americans are so strange sometimes. ;D

That's funny that so many "shooters" have been to Provo. :D

I'm practical as well, I would love a wheelbarrow!!

You really got me laughing with the Kermit doll (and slander of Mrs. Piggy) ;p

CB said...

Victim of the SWine Flu - Hardee har har!! Laughed at that one!!

Love the chapel and the beach wood and that huge mailbox is so funny!
That definately is a random siting!

CB said...

UMMM Yeah - You know I meant sighting. Ugh

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I like Okra, yes, I am from the South. LOL. We eat Okra in Borneo and South East Asia. Once there was a promotion of Southern USA food in Traders hotel,in Singapore that was shortly after 9/11.

My friends and I went to eat the South USA food. Trader's hotel is next to the American Embassy in Singapore. The security was very tight. My husband said that my girlfriends and I were a bunch of crazy women. Yes, so crazy that I remembered the Okra, which was a surprise to me.

That huge mail box, may be there are a lot of draft notices and draft evaders. LOL

Get the US Army to look for the guy who did that to Kermit. LOL

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Big letter box, when my friend from Borneo drove past Canadian and American letter boxes, he thought they were bread boxes.

aurbie said...

Poor rat.

But I loved the produce photo.

The mailbox rocked, and the wheelbarrow was an interesting mix.

That last shot was a hoot. Poor Kermit.

Thanks for joining in again.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs from the bay!

Connie said...

Random and fun!
Poor Kermit!

Ed said...

Great shots, the last one is hysterical..:-)

Chef E said...

I LOVE YOUR POST! And Kermit, poor Kermmy...I used to keep Miss Piggy memorabilia in a box, and not sure where it is...now she is in trouble!

I love your shots, and angles, great post!

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Random thoughts-random photos, a very nice collection of pictures for this shoot-out!! I enjoyed it from start to finish. That mailbox, my gosh it really is huge'! My father introduced us kids to okra, we loved it!! (he was from IL, not southern, but farm country and good eating out that way!!). As for that dead kermit picture, I do love your sense of humor!! That swine flu had things all hyped up over here in Germany too, so of course there is lots of joking about it on the comedy shows on TV. Hey, if we don't keep laughing at things in life, where would we be!! :-) Debby

SusanD said...

I love the picture of the church. That photography class is really paying off. -- And I had one of those Rubbermaid Wheelbarrows. They're fabulous. Blessings, SusanD

GingerV said...

I love the last photo. I hate Okra so I guess after 30 years in the south I am still a northerner. its all gewing inside no matter how it is cooked. Very good random stuff

Natalie said...

Love your shots Gigi.Hmm... hard to pick a fave, but I think I like the chapel. All are fabby, though.

Thank You for the kind words you left for me yesterday.xx♥

Mikki said...

Wow!!! that's one big mailbox. I would expect that in Texas....

gorgeous church house. I loved your whole random selection. Fabulous!!

Poor mr. Kermie. I knew miss Piggy was a bad influence.