Thursday, June 4, 2009

Things I Miss Thursday

My figure!

A friend from way back then, sent this picture a few weeks ago. I'm the one in the black shorts and big hair. I hardly recognised myself. I find it interesting that I have never in my life felt thin, but in this picture, I think I look very thin.

That was a fun time.

There are two BFF's in that same picture that have always been there for me. Just saw one of them yesterday at the Zaxby's drive through. The other is my cousin BFF and just lives and hour up the road in Savannah. Time for a visit!

There is also an ex sister in law in that picture. I miss her fun personality. The alcohol and drugs have really taken their toll on her. I hate that she is so messed up and is not even remotely like this anymore. It's a very sad story.

Old pictures sure bring back a lot memories.

Some are fun, some are not.

14 comments:

Jan said...

You are beautiful. A figure comes and goes huh. I think that we all feel that way Gigi.

Devri said...

I was just cursing at myself lastnight about mine... You are a beautiful lady there chica!

Anonymous said...

It's time for a E&H/Mullet Bay reunion. I miss the good times too. And my figure! Lets have lunch soon! I sure love you.


DW

SusanD said...

I picked you out of the crowd immediately...before I read which one was you. I think we all feel the same about our figure as we get older. You looked great then....you look great today. Blessings, SusanD

Zaroga said...

You are beautiful. I do the same... I look back and can't believe that skinny thing is me. I never felt skinny. Right now I know I'm not skinny :-)

Connie said...

Love the big hair and the cute figure! Isn't it fun to see old pictures and reminisce? There are sure a lot of people who come into our lives.
Nice that you're such good friends with a cousin.

Anonymous said...

Old pictures are fun for the most part. You are beautiful, inside and out!

Mikki said...

What a knockout!!!!
Love going through old pictures. I especially like finding ones where I looked skinny and cute, then I imagine I still look like that.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow, one hot mama! Love the big hair.
You are beautiful you know...right now.

Anonymous said...

You are still the vivacious Gigi, Harry is a lucky guy.

Love you,
Papa

The Pink Birdhouse said...

so funny that you posted an older picture today and were going down memory lane, as I did the very same thing today. found a box of old pictures from my inlaws, many of them filled with people I knew back when, or my kids as tots, etc. Many of the pictures made me smile, some of them made me cry. Nice post! (and didn't we ALL seem thinner back then!! :-) ) Debby

The Blonde Duck said...

We all think we're bigger than we actually are!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

You are beautiful just the way you are gigi. Just beautiful :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

CB said...

Love the picture - and those older pictures really do bring back memories!

I think you look gorgeous AND skinny.

Thanks for sharing a fun memory.