I'm very excited about joining a Photography Group! Those of you that have been around my blog awhile know that I have a new camera (Nikon D80) that I don't know very much about. I've been waiting on a class at the college to start up again but there aren't enough students interested yet. So I've joined "Friday Shoot Outs, My Town"
Each week we will get an assignment for
pictures we will take from around our town. It's free and they are looking for members so at the end of this post I'll add some more info!
Going south on Hyw. 17, I turn right onto 4th Ave.
I took this photo late in the afternoon
and so I was facing the sun, sorry.
I took just a few pictures of some
of the homes that I liked.
This is on the corner of Union and 4th Ave.
Directly kitty corner across the street was this home.
works here and I had never been there before.
She is going to groom "Mo" my 25 pound
Maine Coon cat and this is where
I will bring him for his spa treatment.
This is the front of the Vet's office.
No need to paint! Just water the plants.
Marine Port Terminals is at the end of 4th Ave and you
have to turn either left or right on Newcastle St. or Hyw. 341.
the street from the terminal.
Looking east back up 4th Ave.
Okay, so I didn't understand the assignment. I thought it had to do with 4th, 5th or 6th streets. NO, it was suppose to be 4, 5, or 6 main intersections of your town????? DUH! I didn't want to just chunk these pictures and start next week and since there "ARE NO RULES" this was the way I was playing the game this week :)
Next weeks assignment: "My Home Towns Native Food and Resturant's"
Go see Reggie Girl and Patty for more about the Friday Shoot Outs!
But go see Gordon's blog and sign up so they know how to find you and your pictures.
Please come out and play with us!
7 comments:
OH gigi I'm so glad you joined us!!!!!! I was so hoping that you would and I'm just thrilled.
Your snaps are fantastic and your're right....NO RULES and seeing your interpretation of how you see your town is what it's all about. I love the Vet's ivy covered office. I'd go to that Vet just because of the way it looks. And yes, I'm truly weird like that, lol.
Geez hon, I didn't realize you lived in Brunswick. How far is that from Newnan. I think we need to have a little look-see and think about a little lunch meeting halfway between. I'd love that. You're awesome :)
I was so excted I forget to say that I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter and......
Steady On
Reggie Girl
About half way is Hawkinsville and I suggest the Steak House.
Love your photos.
Love,
Papa
how fun and from what I could see you did just fine, and I will look forward to following your photos on your everyday entries. A Nikon D80 - I have a 40X which was on the market about 6 weeks ... I want the 80 think Camillo would be nice and buy me one?
you have another blog - which is not public - can I get an invitation to read it?
Well, neighbor! It will be interesting seeing pics from Brunswick, Ga. When I was young (about ten years ago) I went to a navy school there at the old Glynco Naval Air Station. I have friends that live there, and now I have another one. Your pictures are great. Ivy covered buildings have character! Thanks again, Gigi. I glad you chose to join us. Gordon P.S. That other anonymous post from Papa was not me. Gordon
Welcome to our Friday shoot outs, Gigi. I had a rat of a day yesterday (whatever that means) and today is not going to be any better - I have to shoot in the rain. How kids are going to be able to hunt for eggs in this rain is beyond me. Plus I have to carry all my gear through a university parking lot that never has any place to park. Last time I had to carry my gear in the rain there, I dropped an expensive lens and got and $800 repair bill.
I am quite the whiner this morning, aren't I?
Anyway, I enjoyed your tour through Brunswick. I have not been through there in ages. I loved the boat. We have a thing for boats around here.
I liked the photo of the vets office. I had rather water than paint.
If you continue shooting, you will find out things about your town you never knew, and see things you never saw before.
You are right. We don't have any rules and everyone improvises. I think that is the fun part; seeing the interpretations.
The D80 is a nice camera. Of course anything Nikon is nice to me. I have been shooting with Nikons since 1985.
I will add you to our list. It is hard keeping up with everyone, but I try.
Have a great Easter!seest
Thanks for joining us this week, and I love the vet office! I will one day live in a waterfront town as well, and look forward to seeing the boats from other's towns!
Post a Comment