I'm not so sure I like having to come up with my own ideas for Friday Shoot Outs~My Hometown.
If you would like to join us let Reggie and Patty know and go see Gordan and have him put you on the list.
It's much easier having a Theme to follow.
I've already been to Darien twice this week and going again today. I decided to do my Shoot Out on Dairen.
Darien is north of Brunswick about 17 miles from my home.
If you have been around my blog a while you will know that Darien was where my Photography class went on our field trip last year, so some of these pictures were taken in the fall and some where taken this week.
Georgia's second oldest city, founded in 1736.
this artwork painted on a building greets you. Darien has a lot of history for such a small town.
Behind the Chamber of Commerce
sits a pretty little water front park.

All along the water front are these Tabby Ruins. There are very interesting pieces left.
sits a pretty little water front park.
All along the water front are these Tabby Ruins. There are very interesting pieces left.
Up close and personal look at Tabby.




Blessed Assurance is the name
on this Shrimp boat.
This was taken from right on the dock.


Blessed Assurance is the name
on this Shrimp boat.
This is one of the last
Just over the bridge as you leave town going south on Hyw. 17 you see this home on the right.
Remember the Purple Pickle from last Saturday's post? That is in Darien and they have the best lunch. I was there yesterday with friend and we enjoyed it so much.
Can't wait to go again sometime soon.
19 comments:
OH GIGI!!!!!! The beauty you've captured here!! I love that mural going into town and your shot of the park through the trees is amazing. The shrimp boats brought back sweet childhood memories. I grew up on Dauphin Island which is near Bayou La Batre (the town from Forrest Gump) and used to get fresh shrimp off of these kinds of boats when they came in near sunset with their catch.
I think you've done an outstanding shoot and thanks for the tour :)
Steady On
Reggie Girl
Fabulous Pictures....Stopping by with some SITS love
Those are breath takingly BEAUTIFUL! Looks like a great place to visit!
As you know, I love boats and water, so I especially enjoyed your post. You captured the light beautifully.
We don't have shrimp boats in Crisfield. I will trade you crabs for shrimp.
Those ruins are so cool.
Thanks for a nice tour. You did a super job picking your own subject!
Jen will be giving us our next assignment. She doesn't know that yet.
WOW! It looks beautiful!
Just lovely Gigi. I love the marine boats. Nice. And the Tabby is so weird. Wow.
You did a great job and I love when you share all this fantastic surroundings. It takes me there every time.
It's so beautiful! Especially the water.
I get a very warm feeling inside when I see quality photos deom so close to home. You captured Darien very well. The Boone family would be proud of the representation of the boats. Thanks, Gigi Walk With Faith, Gordon
Daughter of mine, you have done a very beautiful job on this post.
I enjoyed it, and read most of it. The photos are terrific. You are my favorite blogger.
Love you,
Papa
wow, what a beautiful place and amazing photography.
Hope you don't mind a new visitor. Ruth
Gigi,
I love the shot behind the chamber of commerce, and the ruins look like a great place to explore!
Thank you! I feel like I just took a little vacation...and it's just what I needed!
What a beautiful little town! I love the coastal towns on the east coast. I'm on the other coast currently and they are so different.
Thanks for sharing!
wow, breath taking.. Love the big tree and the wall mural!
I enjoyed your tour very much, the boats with the different colored masts is great. thank you.
gorgeous post
Thank you so much for the lovely welcome to the group.
I loved your photos, a beautiful place. I'll be back to look again.
Especially enjoyed the boat called Blessed Assurance.
Sarah Lulu
I loved my visit to Darien! What a wonderful place with such a rich history.
Beautifully photographed.
Oh, you are so lucky to live in such beautiful surroundings. What a great name for a boat - Blessed Assurance --------boats trouble me ever since watching the titanic. I love old things and historical things ---those were great great photos
I'm such a sucker for photos of boats - and yours are wonderful, great light to work with.
Post a Comment